Sunday, November 2, 2008

So I Clearly Lack Time Management Skills

At least in the department of THIS blog, anyways.

I haven't been doing terribly much knitting or crocheting lately. I've been so wrapped up in school and work. Any free time that I have is devoted to homework or sleeping. Or driving to and from work and school.

I decided to sit down and start work on some new projects and an old project tonight because, well, the weather is getting colder and we had a fire going and it seemed like a perfect time to drape the fugly Granny square blanket across my lap and get to work on finishing it. It won't be finished until for a while yet though. I have one more skein of black soft boucle and then a red soft boucle and a skein of red Jiffy to throw into it before it is finally complete.

I also decided to start myself on a new scarf. I really don't have many scarves and I felt like putting some of the fun hand spun yarn that was gifted to me into that project (sadly, a lot of the gifted yarn was re-gifted and donated to charity when I moved back in june). So I decided to make myself what I am dubbing the OCD scarf. I'm not sure why, but I had my age in mind when I picked the yarn from my bin. I picked two hand spun purple yarns and a hand spun blue. In my mind, these screamed out the number 26. So I cast on 26 stitches and am going to (hopefully) wind up with a scarf that has stripes that are 26 rows thick and repeat 26 times. I say hopefully because I'm not 100% on how much yardage is in each ball I have. I'm not going completely batshit OCD with this, though, I have no prayer of trying to make it 26 inches long so I'm not even going to try that. I could, if I wanted to sit down and gauge it and work out the calculations but Busty + math ≠ friends.

I've also started plotting out a few xmas gifts that I can whip up for people. This year I am NOT NOT NOT making gifts for everyone. I am merely going to make gifts for a few people. Easy gifts that won't result in me sitting in a pile of yarn pulling my hair out in frustration.

I'm going to make a brimmed hat for the Giant Boy (Bone's son) and either a hat and scarf set for Bone or a little messenger bag, I'm not sure yet. But either way, it's gunna end up with a bone motif on it.

No comments: