Monday, December 29, 2008

Future WIPS

Oh and I have another mini project that I'm going to be doing for myself.

Bone has these cool mukluk slippers that are knitted in a wonderful fair isle pattern and they look just ever sooooo comfy. So imagine my surprise when I was in Five Below before the holidays and I saw mukluk sock slippers. *Squee!* I found a pair that was in my size and bought them. Imagine how NOT surprised I was when I came home and put them on only to discover the sock part of them was WAY too tight in the calf. *grumble and groan*. So naturally, I'm going to have to make a new body for them and attach the bottoms. I think I am going to use this lovely ice blue yarn that I have and maybe some black yarn to make a pattern....perhaps I will wet my teeth with a simple fair isle? Or, maybe I'll just figure out some clever crochet design using SC and alternating the colors....I'm not sure just yet but I am looking forward to starting it AFTER I finish Bone's hat hehe.

I also plan to make a plastic bag holder for our kitchen. We had a huge problem with them....we had two drawers stuffed SO FULL of plastic bags that they could not be opened more than an inch so I purged the drawers and stashed the bags under one of our counters. One, maybe two, bags of them (there are three) will be going to my mom's house since she's way more conscious about using her cloth shopping bags than we are. And as a result she has no more plastic bags stashed anywhere which is NG No Good because she uses them to clean the litter box for the two cats. So we're giving her a whole huge mess of plastic bags and keeping some for ourselves. So I figured a bag holder is a good way to prevent the drawers from getting jammed up again. Long as we can find a place for all the excess that may not fit into the bag holder. I wonder how long you can make them before they just get ridiculous and comical?

I think I'll also make my mom one that she can hang near the litter box so that way she'll always have the plastic bags nearby and at the ready instead of having to go dig around her one cabinet for them. She may already have a bag holder, but she doesn't hang it anywhere. But, I'll make it anyways because, well, what else am I going to do after work these days before school starts?? Oh yea, I COULD work on my super secret project of awesomosity......

No comments: