Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Tale Of The Jammer Hat - Part 3 - The End Is Near

I have completely finished knitting Bone's jammer hat. And while putzing around on Ravelry today (after finding the Hard-Hitting Knitters group yay derby & knitting!), I browsed through all the shared patterns and found out that there is, indeed, a jammer hat pattern in Knock Down Knits. I wish I knew that beforehand, because then I wouldn't have had to tweak and alter a chart and figure out the pattern. BUT that's all good because now that I know this, I'm going to buy said book and knit one of THOSE jammer hats.

All that is left is to work in the yarn ends and tighten up some of the stitches around the stars borders. Then it will be complete and ready for wear. Yes, yes, I know I should attempt SOME form of blocking, but I've been working on this since before Christmas. And the anticipation is starting to wear Bone down I think.

I'm not sure what I'm going to make next, however. I may end up doing my super secret project of greatness. Or I may cast on a new sweater (Top Down Raglan style) since I just got a lovely box of yarn from Joann.com the other day. OK it's nothing fancy because I'm a huge fan of acrylic, but I got lots of yarn for projects I have in mind and one of them is a pair of leg warmers (I have black yarn and purple yarn galore to pick from now) and another is a Freddy Krueger style sweater that I just bought yarn for. All I know is that I need something simple to start before the first Highland Park Stitch n' Bitch next Thursday night at Wolfe's apartment.

See, I've offered myself up as a 'teacher' to help those who do not know how to knit learn how to do so. So I want something that will allow me to show them how to make the stitches as well as be easy for them to see while I'm knitting with it. I'm thinking I need to pick up a big, chunky, light colored yarn and make myself a big, chunky scarf of something. I'll have to do that at some point before next Wednesday. I also offered to bring my ridiculously large collection of knitting needles over in case anyone is lacking in supplies.

I'm hoping that things go well with the Stitch n' Bitch because that would be great to have a place to go knit and such. Of course, the Thursday night date would have to change if I want to keep doing it after school starts back up. That is, of course, unless the group meets until 9 or 10 at night, in which case I could easily go there after my Bio lecture. But I'm getting a little ahead of the game here I think.

Well, here's hoping I get less lazy and finish this damn jammer hat this weekend. Huzzah!

No comments: